James Dimitroff, M.D.
Dr. Dimitroff was born and attended school in the St. Louis area and returned to join St. Louis Gastroenterology Consultants in 1994 after completing his Gastroenterology/Hepatology training at the University of Kentucky where he served as an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. He has served as the Chief of Medicine at Incarnate Word Hospital and has been the Section Chief of Gastroenterology and Medical Director of the Endoscopy Laboratory at Saint Anthony’s Medical Center since 2003. He currently holds a clinical appointment in the Department of Medicine at Saint Louis University School of Medicine. His clinical interests include pancreatic and biliary disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease and colon cancer screening. In addition to his other activities, Dr. Dimitroff is involved in clinical research trials in inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome and hepatitis at the Saint Louis Center for Clinical Research.
- University of Kentucky
- 1991-1993 Gastroenterology/Hepatology Fellowship
- Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
- 1988-1991 Internship/Residency in Internal Medicine
- 1984-1988 M.D.
- Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville
- 1980-1984 B.S. Biological Sciences
Honors and Awards
- Fellow American Gastroenterological Association, 2007
- Barry Breen Memorial Award for Outstanding Medical Resident – Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, 1991
- Graduated with High Honors – Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville, 1984
- Phi Kappa Phi – Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation
- St. Louis Metropolitan Medical Society